

For those of you who don't know, I am 50% Acadian, yep the part of Canadian History that not many know about, that have just celebrated their 400th anniversaire, a few years ago. Unfortunately, other than having the ability to profess that I am a percentage Acadian, there is very little I can do (other than navigate in Moncton
NB and surrounding areas). Where is this going? you may ask....I was listening to CBC radio a few weeks ago and an interview was being conducted with an illustrator/creator of Acadieman!

Wow I thought how cool is that. I have forgotten until now to search this character on google to find out more...hopefully to have a better understanding/haha at my relatives. To my dismay, I find that it really is an inside joke, meaning it is written in the local language Chiac (a broken French-English South-East N.B. dialect). I had to use the translation option to read it some what... I suppose if I really try I should humour my late memere and mom, to attempt to carry on and understand my roots better.
But really they do talk that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment