Monday, September 03, 2007

HAPPY LABOUR DAY!!!


a...a...ah...choooooooooo!
Awe man I haf a stuffed up nodes. No I am naud sick bud id is allergy season anduh my nodes is paying duh price. Blasted ragweed...grrrr.

Anyhoo, today is LABOUR DAY! (no not a day where we all go into labour!??!!) but to recognized the workers of the nation and celebrate the formation of unions. Ok I know that this can be a contentious subject for most but being part of management in both a unionized and non-unionized environment (in a previous life) BUT it all depends on the company. Unions usually look out for their workers, because employers sometimes can be very forceful, unethical and not so understanding despite having a Human Resource Department and legislation to be followed AND sometimes a collective agreement can be straight forward and the best guideline to get the task done.

So today is the day to reflect and thank for two reasons; the first for what workers have accomplished for us to live in the current era and second, definitely what they've achieved in the past to make the work place a better environment than so many years ago.

No comments: