Sunday, October 04, 2009

Yesterday...an Art Day...and Night!


Ok so I spent a day experiencing art. My friend Susan opened her exhibit in Brampton at the Whitney Community Gallery. Titled "Creating From the Inside Out", was well received by those in attendance! Go see it for yourself it's on until November 15th She also released her book and I purchased a copy...such rich artwork (if you are interested in obtaining your own copy you can contact her through her blog)

Then later that night and into the wee hours of today I ventured around Toronto to participate in Nuit Blanche, for a second year in a row -- the event is in its fourth year. There were lots of great pieces. AND I was able to view another friend's artwork in the Distillery District in Bldg. 74 on the fourth floor...Mary A. has one of her exceptional assemblages on display and for sale in the Octopus Project

It wasn't until 4:30am when I reached the comforts of my abode. Highlight of the evening..."Lost and Found Forest"

Biggest disturbing surprise..."Invade", unexpected while picking up some much needed items in the grocery store....

I am counting down the days until next year!!!!

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

It was great to see you on Saturday June. Thank you for coming and I'm so glad you like the book. I'm still kind of shell-shocked and haven't even blogged about it yet, so I suppose I should get right to it. Hope to see you again soon.
xxxS