Friday, January 12, 2007

NEW POST...

My previous post was very sad and unfortunately I still have no good news-- kind of.

Mom did surpass Christmas and New Year's-- she showed those doctors! I did forward a brief email earlier this week and really thought of not writing on the blog anymore. It was suggested that I keep it up as there are some of you that read it (to my surprise). Any how, here is the email,

Hello All,

This is the first time in approx. one month since I have been able to check emails....(sorting through 200+ of them is tedious!!!)

You are probablly wondering where things stand with my mom and her cancer. I was very fortunate to spend "quality" time with her before the disease became more aggressive. Which was wonderful for me as I was able to get a lot off my chest, of which to date I am so grateful.

Can you believe she still has her humour and is quite fiesty! Although not totally coherent most of the time she still comes out with some crazy comments, that give us all a good chuckle. So yes she's still hangin' on, she has good days and bad ones and as time continues the bad days are slowing becoming her good days -- which is very sad...

I spend 12 to 14 hours at the hospital with her feeding, reading to her and most times just watching her sleep and hoping her next breath surfaces. She is in the Palliative Care Unit at Victoria Campus in London and the nurses are wonderful. But unfortunately the mortality rate in this wing, is about four a week. Since I've been there at the beginning of Dec. -- I really don't know how they (nurses) do it.

We (my father and sisters) had a "family meeting" with her attending Doctor on Friday and the prognosis is not good -- all preventative measures have been stopped and it is just a "pain management" mission until she crosses over, unless a miracle happens.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers. Please continue to do so it will mean alot to my mom and the rest of us.

Will keep you posted when I can. Sorry if I made you cry.

Love,
June


Thanks to all of your positive thoughts and prayers in this time of need.

Time is really precious right now so not sure when I will able to blog. But please keep checking.

Cheers,
June (so much for anonaminity)

1 comment:

uncertainvoyage said...

Hey. Glad to have you back. We miss you. Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.