Funny, don't you think that we celebrate the concept of new year twice? To me I think it should be now -- the beginning of September. The official vacations (good weather) is over and most are back to a regular routine of school and especially the crazy commute to and from work. This is because of ALL of the extra cars on the road. For instance, a jaunt that takes me approx. 25 minutes (summer commuting) in the vehicle will now take close to an hour...egads. There just seems to be more of a reason to celebrate the new year now. For one thing the weather is a million times better for outdoor celebrations than Jan. 1st.
Oh well. Happy New Year!!!
2 comments:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that the beginning of September marks the new year ...so happy new year girlfriend!
It always has been new year for me. I went to school, put my daughter through school, and became a teacher with no breaks. Back to school has always been a part of my life.
Post a Comment